Diablo 4 Voice Chat Not Working: How to Fix It Instantly
Discover Effective Solutions to Resolve Diablo 4 Voice Chat Issues for Uninterrupted Gameplay
Make the most of your gaming experience by ensuring optimal performance of your PC and peripherals. Outdated drivers can lead to poor game performance and errors. To avoid such issues, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install Outbyte Driver Updater.
- Launch the application on your PC to identify problematic drivers.
- Click “Update & Apply Selected” to resolve all driver errors.
Unlock your PC’s full potential with Outbyte Driver Updater’s performance tweaks. Enhance your gaming experience by optimizing CPU usage, extending battery life, preventing overheating, and more.
As the official version of Diablo 4 approaches, players are eagerly preparing for the upcoming release by addressing any issues encountered during the beta testing phase. One common problem reported is the voice chat not working in Diablo 4. This can be frustrating for gamers who have planned dedicated gaming sessions for the Diablo 4 EA weekend. However, there are some workarounds to fix this issue.
Why Is My In-Game Voice Chat Not Working in Diablo 4?
Blizzard has acknowledged a list of “current issues” with the beta version of Diablo 4, and one of them is “in-game voice chat problems.” If you are facing this issue, it is likely due to these known issues. However, there is a possibility that the following factors related to your device could contribute to the problem:
- System audio settings
- Outdated audio drivers
- In-game audio settings
- Mic connection issues
- Antivirus interference
How to Fix Diablo 4 Voice Chat Not Working?
While there may not be much you can do if the issue is solely related to the trial version, you can still try the following fixes. Before proceeding, ensure you meet the preliminary requirements:
- Ensure your PC meets the system requirements for Diablo IV.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- Make sure your PC is running the latest version of Windows.
Once you have confirmed these requirements, follow these troubleshooting methods:
- Update audio drivers:
- Press Win + X to open the Quick Access Menu, then click on “Device Manager.”
- Double-click on “Sound, video and game controllers,” and right-click on the currently used audio device.
- Select “Update driver” and download/install any available updates.
Alternatively, you can use Outbyte Driver Updater to quickly and easily install the latest authentic version of your audio drivers.
- Modify game installation:
- Launch Diablo IV beta through the Battle.net client.
- Click on the gear icon (Options) and choose “Modify Install.”
- Under “Default Language,” click on “Change languages.”
- Select the languages you want to use for communication during the game, in addition to English.
- Make sure you have enough available memory space on your PC for the language update.
- Set English or your preferred language as the default language and click “Confirm.”
- Restart the game to apply the changes.
- Check PC’s audio output device:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Navigate to “Hardware and Sound” and click on “Sound.”
- Right-click on your PC’s connected microphone device and set it as the default communication device.
- Turn on microphone access for your device:
- Open Microphone Privacy Settings.
- Enable “Microphone access for this device” and “Allow apps to access your microphone.”
- Click on “Properties” > “Advanced” to ensure Diablo IV has microphone access for in-game voice chat.
- Reboot your PC to apply the changes and perform a test microphone check.
- Fix in-game audio settings:
- Launch Diablo IV and go to “Options.”
- Click on the “Sound” tab and check the following settings under “Game Sound Output”:
- Set “Sound Output Device” and “Speaker Setup” to “Default.”
- Scroll down to “Voice Chat” and adjust the settings accordingly:
- Set “Voice Chat Mode” to “Push To Talk.”
- Select your preferred microphone device as “Voice Chat Output Device” and “Microphone Device.”
- Increase the “Voice Chat Volume” and “Microphone Output Volume.”
- Check the option for “Voice Chat Focus.”
- Click on “Save Changes.”
- Repair game files:
- Open the Battle.net client and launch Diablo IV.
- Go to the Options or gear icon and click on “Scan and Repair.”
- Select “Begin Scan” to scan for and repair any corrupted or missing game files.
- Once the scanning is complete, close Battle.net and reboot your device.
Additional Fixes to Try:
If the above solutions did not resolve the Diablo 4 voice chat not working issue, consider trying these alternative methods:
- Install game updates.
- Use an alternative voice communication service like Discord.
- Temporarily disable antivirus and Windows Firewall.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Contact Blizzard customer support.
If you have tried all the above steps and the Diablo 4 voice chat issue persists, you may need to wait for Blizzard to fix the problem. In the meantime, you can refer to our guide on how to optimize Diablo 4 for better performance on your PC and enhance your overall gaming experience.